Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Sewing Room


To me, having a designated area to work on your "Projects" is wonderful. It doesn't have to be a large sewing room, but rather an area where you can organize all your tools and be able to easily access your project at a moment's notice. A sturdy work counter is important as well as good lighting. If you don't have a desk with drawers, then purchase a 3 drawer plastic organizer and put all your thread in one drawer, scissors and tools in a different drawer, and then your buttons, elastic and trims another. My sewing room is in my laundry room. I have cabinets along the wall set at desk height with a butcher block counter. Everything is organized in drawers or behind cabinets so when I'm not sewing - everything is clean and I can use the space to fold laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment