Thursday, May 14, 2009

Iced Mocha

I looked around my house and realized that I have given away most of my sewing creations and projects. How depressing is that!! So, I decided to make myself a quilt. I went to the quilt shop to just "look around" and found the most beautiful collection of fabrics by Moda called "Iced Mocha". I had to have it. I selected a quilt design called "Don't fence me in" (appropriate for me) and started the process of cutting the 420 triangles and tons of 2 1/2" strips. That was a few weeks ago. Then, Trina surprised me yesterday by her coming to help me sew the quilt top - giving me her time as a special Mothers Day gift. We spent a wonderful day together piecing the quilt squares and talking and eating brownies. One more day like that - and I'll be ready to ship the quilt top off to Julie to quilt. It's going to go on my bed and be my summer quilt.

The strips
The Blocks

No comments:

Post a Comment