Thursday, May 14, 2009

Grammie's Quilts


I've decided to make baby patchwork quilts from fabrics I already have and then save them for my "grandbabies". This is a purple and yellow one I'll save for Tiffany when she has a girl (someday - not now). Everything is done on the machine - including the very cute blanket stitch I used on the binding. I even did the stippling myself using the darning foot, dropping down the feed dogs and then just moving the fabric in a free form design. If you don't pre-wash the cotton fabric and then wash it when the quilt is completely done, it shrinks up to look like an old fashioned heirloom quilt. I love it. This would be an easy project for the quilt top assembly - but intermediate if you wanted to do your own stippling.

2 comments:

  1. You are such an awesome seamstress who can make anything needed in the most perfect and beautiful way! I've watched you make patterns and create the most amazing keepsakes over the years. Congratulations on your new business! You are so patient and knowledgeable and I know you will be a great teacher just like your Cleo was to you so many years ago.

    ReplyDelete