Tuesday, April 6, 2010

SPOOL QUILT

I am taking a quilt class that my good friend, Julie Isa, teaches every other Friday night.  It is fun to get together with a bunch of quilters and make something beautiful from cut up fabric pieces.  We are going to make some of the most awesome quilts this year and I am so excited about the quilt patterns she has selected. This SPOOL QUILT pattern is the first of the year.  I chose to do mine smaller than the pattern so I could use it as a wall hanging in my sewing room and hang it above my cutting table.  I love looking at it while I'm cutting up fabric.  The thread area of the spools is from a charm pack called Wiscasset by Moda.  I loved all the fabrics. I'm going to make a table runner from the extras. To me, quilts are artwork and should be enjoyed and cherished either while your sleeping, sewing, or whatever you are doing.

1 comment:

  1. Another awesome project by Sharyn. I love it. I'm sure it is a great addition to your sewing room and will be enjoyed by many, most especially you. Good job! : )

    ReplyDelete