Tuesday, April 13, 2010

CUPCAKE HEAVEN

I always think my cupcakes look homemade - cute, but not beautiful.  I love the idea of the cupcake but never quite got the hang of it.  Well, I finally got it.  All it takes is the right recipe.  I made these for Tiffany's baby shower.  SHe loves purple so of course they are frosted purple - even the rose and sugar sprinkles are purple and they looked and tasted soooo good.  Ther perfect frosting is the magnolia bakery vanilla butter cream.  It is amazing to frost and eat.  Click here for the recipe. For the cake I did a chocolate cookie dough.  It too was unbelieveably good.  Everyone - even non cake eaters love it.  The receipe is from Trina and is on her blog.  Try it here.
Another fun thing I made for the shower was a diaper cake.  I used about 60 newborn diapers and fold them and placed them into layers holding them together with ribbon.  I deocrated them with cute purple shoes, pacifiers, socks, ribbon's and flower.  It turned out really cute and was so fun to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment