Tuesday, September 28, 2010

SEWING FOR THE BABY

I have had so much fun sewing for my grand- babies.  I recently made these adorable black velvet booties.  They are very easy to make - really they are.  It only takes about 15 mintues a shoe.  I did my own cross-hatch quilting about 1/2" apart with the velvet fabric on top, a cotton polka dot on the back and a layer of warm and natural batting sandwiched in between. 


Jayne was visiting one day and I had to stop at my local quilt shop for fabric.  She was so excited to see the hundreds and hundreds of bolts of fabric.  I told her she could pick her favorite and then I would make her a dress.  She told me exactly what she wanted and picked the eyelet trim for the bottom.  So of course when I finished her dress I had to make a second dress to match for the baby.  And, of course a matching diaper cover from eyelet fabric to match.  You can find the perfect pattern for the diaper covers here.  I've got the cutest grand babies in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment